none
Messed up on new install - fix or start over? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm the new TC at our library, and am working on a test machine to evaluate SteadyState. It installed fine, but I have two problems.....

I inadvertently installed SteadyState on the account Librarian, not Administrator - and cannot see the steady state application on the desktop or in All Programs unless I'm logged in as Librarian. Can I "move" the app to be accessible to Administrator? My plan is to have Librarian have a "weaker" set of privileges......

Log on has changed - I'd like to see the traditional "click on user name" to log in, but I see the traditional windows log in box. Can I change it to display the 2 accounts - Librarian and Patron, or, optionally Administrator (Ctrl_Alt_Del twice). Administrator and Librarian would both have passwords, Patron would not.

Thanks for helping the newbie.....
    Saturday, November 29, 2008 8:16 PM

Answers

•  

Hi RDGreene, in this scenario, I suggest you remove Windows SteadyState via Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs by logging on Librarian. Then, please use Administrator to log on and install Windows SteadyState. In this way, Windows SteadyState should listed in All Programs under Administrator and you can use Administrator to set restrictions on Librarian and other restricted users.

For the second issue, you can simply enable the option "Turn on the Welcome screen (Windows XP only)" under Windows SteadyState – Set Computer Restrictions.

Hope this helps!

Monday, December 1, 2008 6:54 AM

All replies

•  

Hi RDGreene, in this scenario, I suggest you remove Windows SteadyState via Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs by logging on Librarian. Then, please use Administrator to log on and install Windows SteadyState. In this way, Windows SteadyState should listed in All Programs under Administrator and you can use Administrator to set restrictions on Librarian and other restricted users.

For the second issue, you can simply enable the option "Turn on the Welcome screen (Windows XP only)" under Windows SteadyState – Set Computer Restrictions.

Hope this helps!

Monday, December 1, 2008 6:54 AM
  • Thanks for reply!

I'll try your suggestions - right now I'm working with Sysprep - configuring to deploy Standard cinfiguration and SteadyState

bg
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 9:22 PM