recent document list in 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

what happened to the recent document list we had in xp. Is it still available? If so, how can i activate it? Reason for asking is that i cannot find it.

thanks in advance.

Saturday, June 19, 2010 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

what happened to the recent document list we had in xp. Is it still available? If so, how can i activate it? Reason for asking is that i cannot find it.

thanks in advance.

Hi

Right click the Start Button and select properties.

In the Privacy section you will options to enable the Recent items in the Start Menu and Taskbar (Jump Lists).

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Linda Yan Monday, June 21, 2010 6:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, June 25, 2010 2:31 AM
    Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:30 PM
  • Even when you enable showing recent files it may not show recent files until you open some files because it may need to start logging. I've been in the same boat with some programs.
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Hi Enkidoe,

Recent documents list still can be found in Windows 7.

For your reference, Jump Lists are lists of recently opened items, such as files, folders, or websites, organized by the program that you use to open them. You can use a Jump List to open items, and you can also pin favorites to a Jump List, so you can quickly get to the items that you use every day.

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

Using Jump Lists to open programs and items

Add or remove Recent Items on the Start menu

However, if the recent items does not work, you can try the following suggestions to reset the recent items:

1.     Click the Start Button, type %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows in the Start Search box.

2.     Right-click Recent items folder and click Delete. Click Yes when prompted.

3.     Click the Start Button, type shell:recent in the Start Search box and press Enter.

4.     Restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, June 21, 2010 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks in advance.

Hi

Right click the Start Button and select properties.

In the Privacy section you will options to enable the Recent items in the Start Menu and Taskbar (Jump Lists).

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:30 PM
  • Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for the reply. But thats just for the recently opened programs?? Not for the documents recenlty opened?? The reason for asking is that both settings in the privacy settings are enabled and i dont see the docs i recently opened.

Saturday, June 19, 2010 4:37 PM
  • Hi Enkidoe,

1.Right-click the taskbar

2. Select properties

3. Select Start Menu tab

4. Select Customize button

5. Scroll down and check Recent Items block

6. Select Ok button

7. Select Ok button

8. Click Start and verify that Recent Items is available

9. Select Recent items or Hover, it should show docs and everything

Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:41 AM
  • Even when you enable showing recent files it may not show recent files until you open some files because it may need to start logging. I've been in the same boat with some programs.
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Hi Enkidoe,

Recent documents list still can be found in Windows 7.

For your reference, Jump Lists are lists of recently opened items, such as files, folders, or websites, organized by the program that you use to open them. You can use a Jump List to open items, and you can also pin favorites to a Jump List, so you can quickly get to the items that you use every day.

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

Using Jump Lists to open programs and items

Add or remove Recent Items on the Start menu

However, if the recent items does not work, you can try the following suggestions to reset the recent items:

1.     Click the Start Button, type %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows in the Start Search box.

2.     Right-click Recent items folder and click Delete. Click Yes when prompted.

3.     Click the Start Button, type shell:recent in the Start Search box and press Enter.

4.     Restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, June 21, 2010 6:40 AM
  • Will try the suggested soluitons.

Thanks in advance

Monday, June 21, 2010 8:44 AM
  • When I right click the Recent Items folder it does not give me the option to delete. Maybe because its a system folder or something. I think its also a hidder folder.  What can I  do to allow me to delete it and continue with your solution?

Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:56 PM