none
PWA 2013 - strange string in the place of domain name in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Project Server 2013, either in Brazilian Portuguese languange or US-English with Br-Portuguese Language Pack using a one box basic server running Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 Enterprise SP1. The domain name of this environment is ACME. During the setup I entered all service accounts using <domain name>\<account name> format. At the end it appears strange string in the place of the domain name, that looks alike as an encription string in SharePoint Central Administration and in PWA. Is that normal? See images below:

In the PWA Home Page in Portuguese:

Is there any explanation?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

• Edited by R.Segawa Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:35 PM
    Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:32 PM

Answers

• It is normal.  There're a couple of citations on the Web about that.  This
    one seemed most relevant:

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    • Marked as answer by R.Segawa Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:37 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by R.Segawa Friday, December 28, 2012 9:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by R.Segawa Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:36 PM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

This behavior is expected, the prefix to the account "i:0#.w|"  indicates that it is a claims authenticated site, unlike in 14 when it is still in classic windows authentication. Microsoft may come up with additional documentation on it so it'll less of a surprise for admins and they know what to expect. 

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:35 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:27 PM

All replies

• It is normal.  There're a couple of citations on the Web about that.  This
    one seemed most relevant:

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    • Marked as answer by R.Segawa Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:37 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by R.Segawa Friday, December 28, 2012 9:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by R.Segawa Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:36 PM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

This behavior is expected, the prefix to the account "i:0#.w|"  indicates that it is a claims authenticated site, unlike in 14 when it is still in classic windows authentication. Microsoft may come up with additional documentation on it so it'll less of a surprise for admins and they know what to expect. 

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:35 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:27 PM
  • Hi Andrew and Hrishi,

Thank you for your answers.

This notation could be easier to understand or as Microsoft should say, directed to the end user.

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Browsing in the SharePoint Central Administration I found out the following Windows showing the same account with and without this prefix that identify as I am in a claims authenticated site. But how to explain that the same account has two "versions" of authentications? Moreover this time appears the name of the domain after the prefix while in the screens of the top of this page did not appear.

These accounts were created to use as app pool accounts. I used the Farm Configuration Wizard to use the Farm Admin Account to all Service Applications. Then I entered both accounts in the Configure Managed Accounts and finally I associated them using the Configure Service Accounts. I did the same with sps_search account but it did not happened the same issue to this last.

How to explain this?

Thank you. 

• Edited by R.Segawa Friday, December 28, 2012 9:34 AM
    Friday, December 28, 2012 9:30 AM