How Make Desktop Background Stop Changing? RRS feed

• Question

• The W7 desktop Aero background picture changes at some fixed interval. I found where I can specify the interval time but I cannot find how to stop it from changing. How can I stop the picture from changing once I select the picture I want?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:00 AM

Answers

• Hello Barryng,

If I do understand you requirement, you'd like to stop changing the desktop background automatically. Please go to Control Panel -> Personalization -> Desktop Background and only select one of the pictures (click the checkbox before the picture) in the Choose your desktop background list. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:28 PM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Barryng,

If I do understand you requirement, you'd like to stop changing the desktop background automatically. Please go to Control Panel -> Personalization -> Desktop Background and only select one of the pictures (click the checkbox before the picture) in the Choose your desktop background list. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:28 PM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:34 AM
  • I just had windows 10 installed and there is no check box to choose a picture like they had in other windows. I hope Microsoft is working on this fix.
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 12:02 AM