App-V Issues with Crystal Reports 2011 published via Citrix/RemoteApp RRS feed

• Question

• So I am hoping someone may be able to help me out since I have been banging my head against the wall on this.  I have successfully sequenced Crystal Reports 2011 after figuring out a few issues Crystal decided to throw at me.  So now I am able to run Crystal via AppV on a server desktop just fine.  The issue comes when I try to run the AppV'd Crystal through a Citrix or RemoteApp seamless application.  I get the following error Error: 0xFD01F25-0x3 in the AppV logs.  I haven't been able to easily find what this code is telling me so I am stuck.

Has anyone successfully deployed an AppV of Crystal Reports 2011 and then published that packages to a Citrix server?  If I log onto the Citrix server desktop and then try to run the published app it runs fine it is only when I do not have a desktop session open.  This leads me to believe that there is something Crystal wants based on the explorer shell and am stuck since RemoteApp/Citrix does not load all shell extensions.  I have already tried runonce.exe /alternateshell in hopes that would take care of the problem but I still get the same error.  Any help would be appreciated since I really do not want to physically install CR on all of my XA servers with all of its hooks.  (CR does work fine as a published app when installed locally and not through App-V)

Thanks.

Friday, June 24, 2016 7:03 PM

Answers

• I resolved the issue.  I started with 0x2 errors which were path related, I found the missing paths and then was stuck on the 0x3 error.  This error is also related to paths as was mentioned.  For some reason not all of the paths are built and replicated to the users roaming profile when opening via RemoteApp.  After resolving the last of the path issues Crystal did open correctly.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:25 PM

All replies

• Have you tried using global publishing?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:09 PM
  • Yes, I am using global publishing.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:19 PM
  • 0x3 means 'The system cannot find the path specified'

Which version of App-V did you sequence with?

I would run procmon on a failed case and look for a missing file error.

If I was struggling to find it, I'd run procmon to capture a successful test case as well, and look for the point the two results diverge.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx

Once you know what file the app isn't seeing you can look at a fix.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:46 AM
  • I have deployed Crystal Reports 2013 on Citrix in AppV, the same fix may apply.  CR seems to have a path length limitation issue.  I found by shortening the paths we were able to get it to work correctly.

See here for more information.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 3:51 PM
  • I resolved the issue.  I started with 0x2 errors which were path related, I found the missing paths and then was stuck on the 0x3 error.  This error is also related to paths as was mentioned.  For some reason not all of the paths are built and replicated to the users roaming profile when opening via RemoteApp.  After resolving the last of the path issues Crystal did open correctly.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:25 PM