Script to automatically switch to Secondary Management Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using SCOM 2012. How do I create a MP to monitor management server? That is Once the Primary management server goes down, all the agents reporting to primary should automatically report to secondary server. Can anyone help me with a powershell or VB script for the same.

Regards,

Ranjitha

Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Ranjitha,

I have already answered this in details. Please read my post:

Configure agent failover SCOM 2012 R2

"the Failover functionality you are looking for is out of the box with SCOM 2012 and later. This means that the agent will failover to any available MS if it primary MS fails. In your case, as you have only one additional server it will become primary for the agents whose MS has failed. From "SCOM Unleashed":

"Agent Failover  

Agent failover is often a misunderstood topic in Operations Manager. To dispel a myth here first—agent failover is built into OpsMgr even without using AD Integration. If a management server fails in OpsMgr, the agent is moved to another management server. The challenge is that within the user interface there is no way to specify a management server. To define how agents fail over you must either use AD Integration or PowerShell scripts. 
    From"

Fûrther in the post you will find also links to script, which you need to run only if you want to configure agent failober to a SPECIFIC managemnt server.

Hope this answers your question. Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:57 AM