none
Using dashboards in custom asp.net page RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on an new portal which will use PerformancePoint Server 2007 for creating dashboards. I would like to implement this nice dashboard in my custom asp.net portal.

To get this working i've copied the ASPX file, which was generated during creating the preview, to my custom site. I also had to copy the resources folder and the web.config. This was working well and the using this way i can implement pps dashboards in my website.

My problem with this solution is that when i upgrade PPS i also need to change my custom site and figure out again how to implement this new version into my custom portal. So my solution isn't very reliable.

1. Do you know if there is an better, recommeded, solution to implement dashboards into an custom asp.net site ?

2. What's your opinion regarding my solution and do you think it's reliable and flexible enough ?

thx. Wolter (skype: wolter.kreun)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:52 PM

Answers

• While implemeting to a custom ASP.net portal is possible in v1, it is not recommended. Our official support line is that we deploy to MOSS or WSS. What you are doing is possible today, but will not be in future releases, so I would caution you about deploying to a custom ASP.net portal.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:28 PM

All replies

• While implemeting to a custom ASP.net portal is possible in v1, it is not recommended. Our official support line is that we deploy to MOSS or WSS. What you are doing is possible today, but will not be in future releases, so I would caution you about deploying to a custom ASP.net portal.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:28 PM
  • Thanks for your response.I was already afraid for this.
    I will use sharepoint as portal and convert the current custom website to the sharepoint portal.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:32 PM