none
Project Server 2013 workflow stuck on Waiting For Input RRS feed

• Question

• I have a fairly basic Project Server 2013 workflow which is stuck in Waiting for Input for no apparent reason. I feel like I could benefit from an outside view into this.

Here is my workflow. In step 1A, a PDP is filled in - there isn't a single field in my instance which is required, everything is optional. When a user Submits, the workflow continues to step 1B. Here, a new PDP containing a single Flag field is shown, default No, but of course the user can change this to Yes to approve continuation of the project.

When we change the value  to Yes and click Submit, the workflow should continue to 2A. This is where it goes wrong.

First of all, the workflow remains in stage 1B and is set to Waiting for Input:

Secondly, nothing is logged to the history list, so that step just isn't even reached, I assume. Ttype custom field, which has a default value.

I'm looking for advice on how to figure out what input the workflow is waiting for.

Monday, March 3, 2014 11:19 AM

All replies

• I think you will have to Submit it one more time.

The first Submit actually Saves the change in the "Flag" field, and then the second submit will move it forward.

I had observed a similar behavior in 2010, whenever a custom field is involved. Not sure if it is a bug.

Let me know if it works.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, March 3, 2014 4:33 PM