Internet Explorer 9.0 problem help!! RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed about a week ago while using IE 9 after having a few tabs open that I will sudenly get a pop up stating (An error has occured with Internet explorer.  Internet explorer will now close)  This happens evertime I get on the internet.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Thanks 
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to verify if the issue occurs on every site?

Meanwhile, please disable security software, perform a clean boot, then run IE in no add-ons mode. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons)

Also, open Internet Option -> Advanced -> select "use software rendering instead of hardware rendering (or GPU)".

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:34 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:09 AM
  • #1: I experienced this issue on Windows 7 sometime back myself. To fix it I had to update Windows. Please ensure that all the latest Windows updates are installed. If your problem is the same as mine was, this will just work.

#2: If the above does not work then this may be caused by a faulty Internet Explorer add-on. Please start the Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) from the Start Menu as highlighted:

If you do not face any issue here, then manually disable each add-on one at a time in the normal Internet Explorer to see which one is causing the problem and disable it permanently. Which add-ons do you have on IE9?

If this does not solve your problem, try to perform a clean boot and determine the cause of the problem:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Please revert back here if the problem persists. Hope it helps!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | I'm on facebook.com/serverbaba
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:15 PM

All replies

• You'd better post your question in the Internet Explorer Answers Forum at the following web address

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

Anyway, take a look at the Internet Explorer log under the "Applications and Service Logs" branch of the Event viewer to see if there's any record related to the problem you're experimenting: this kind of issue could be often due to some problem occurred within the process corresponding to the crashed tab.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify if the issue occurs on every site?

Meanwhile, please disable security software, perform a clean boot, then run IE in no add-ons mode. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons)

Also, open Internet Option -> Advanced -> select "use software rendering instead of hardware rendering (or GPU)".

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:09 AM
  • #1: I experienced this issue on Windows 7 sometime back myself. To fix it I had to update Windows. Please ensure that all the latest Windows updates are installed. If your problem is the same as mine was, this will just work.

#2: If the above does not work then this may be caused by a faulty Internet Explorer add-on. Please start the Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) from the Start Menu as highlighted:

If you do not face any issue here, then manually disable each add-on one at a time in the normal Internet Explorer to see which one is causing the problem and disable it permanently. Which add-ons do you have on IE9?

If this does not solve your problem, try to perform a clean boot and determine the cause of the problem:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Please revert back here if the problem persists. Hope it helps!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | I'm on facebook.com/serverbaba
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:15 PM