Cannot see My Application Entry having name as "xxxx Skype for Business" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using my Application name as "xxxx for Skype for Business" and after the install of the application we cannot see the entry in Add Remove programs. Is there any limitation with the Name??

Note: I cannot see name only in a freshly installed Win 10 OS. later if i try manually and Install i can see the name in Add Remove Programs. 

From one of the post

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/247515/program-is-not-listed-in-add-remove-programs-after-installation

i saw the length of the Displayname should not be more than 32char. and my application is having ~50char. is that causing the problem??

Also we didn't mention it as ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 in the installshield.

Can you please help on this and give some pointers if i am missing anything?

Regards, Ravi Raj Nukala

Monday, December 11, 2017 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Ravi,

Based on my research ,it is related to your length of the Displayname on the registry key Name, you could try to rename it,let the Displayname less than 32 characters and make a test.

If the program “ xxxx Skype for Business” was developed by your programer ,you could open a thread on the following link,our forum focus on the deploy the skype for business on-premise server.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=SfB

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:45 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Thank you for the reply..

but i see there are some apps which is having more that 32 characters like Microsoft VC++ redistributable name 

Regards, Ravi Raj Nukala

Friday, December 15, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi Ravi Raj Nukala ,

You mentioned that you installed the application manually ,you could see the name in add remove programs ,you install the app by the SCM or GPO? Or other ways of batch installation.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Monday, December 18, 2017 11:35 AM
  • Hi Leon Lu,

We do it by SCM and run the scripts that will install all the required OS and Applications which will read from the Configuration Files.

If i uninstall and install it again i couldnt see the issue anymore.

Thank you for you reply...

Please help!!

Regards, Ravi Raj Nukala

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:15 AM
  • Hi Ravi,

I am glad to hear that ,please mark your reply as answer, it will help someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 7:59 AM