MDT Offline media creation and missing applications RRS feed

• Question

• When I create offline media from MDT result is that offline media doesn't contain application install files.

Is it a bug or what?

Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:34 PM

All replies

• Do you see Install Applications under State Restore group in your task sequence?
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:43 PM
  • Do you have any applications in the Applications folder of your offline media? Do you have the required applications selected in whatever selection profile you are using?

-Nick O.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:49 PM
  • Did you get this resolved? I am experiencing the same problem.

I originally used the 'Everything' selection profile but this didn't work. I then created my own selection profile that contained everything, but again that didn't work.

The Install Applications is under State Restore however it is set up as an application bundle and the applications are installed as a dependency. 

The applications show fine in the live Deployment Share, they just aren't being copied across to the ExternalMedia folder I created, outside of the DS.

I have even tried to manually copy the Applications folder to the ExternalMedia folder manually, but this doesn't make a difference as the applications are not populated in the Application.xml file.

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:32 AM
  • I found the problem, for some reason my subfolders underneath 'Applications' were not enabled! Once I enabled, they now copy across fine. Thanks
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 10:00 AM