WSUS Windows 10 Update Problem RRS feed

• Question

• The WSUS is running on Server 2012r2 with Essential Role enabled.

4 Windows 10 PCs on the network with 10 other Windows 7 PCs

The windows 7 PCs have no WSUS update problem.

One Windows 10 Pro 1803 has no WSUS problem. It was offered the Jun Windows 10 1803 Flash update and it was updated with no problem.The PC has been in use for a year.

One Windows 10 Pro 1803 was put in production four weeks ago and had a WSUS Windows 10 May update two weeks ago 6/1/19 without problem. 
    Now non of the Windows 10 June 1803 update have been offered to this PCs. WSUS does offer the Office 2013 June Word security update to this PC.

One Windows 10 Pro Workstation 1803 was put in production two weeks ago and had WSUS Windows 10 May update two weeks ago 6/1/19 without problem. 
    Now non of the Windows 10 June 1803 update have been offered to this PCs. WSUS does offer the Office 2013 June Word security update to this PC.

One Windows 10 Pro 1809 was put in production last week and had WSUS Office 2013 update installed ok last week.  
    Now non of the Windows 10 June 1809 update have been offered to this PCs. WSUS does offer the Office 2013 June Word security update to this PC.

I had uninstalled the Symantec Endpoint Anti virus on one of the problem win10 PCs and see if that was the problem and it was not.

I did try to put a check mark on the WSUS Products choice page for Window 10 Version 1809 and that seems to have no effect on the 1809 PC.

Have anyone seen this kind of problem before?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Edwin Woo
    Sunday, June 16, 2019 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Edwin,

Please try to check the last reporting time of the four Windows 10 clients you mentioned, and have ensured that their reports to WSUS are correct.

Then check the product and category selection of the WSUS server:

• Products: Windows 10
    • Classifications: Security Updates, Updates  

Then resynchronize the WSUS server. Normally you can search for "KB4503286". Then please approve according to the client's report.
    At the same time, the client may also need to approve the latest servicing stack update (KB4497398).

I hope the above can help you.
    If I have a misunderstanding of the question, please keep communicating.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:21 AM
  • "KB4503286" is only offered to the only one win10 working with win10 WSUS and not offered to the other 1803 win10 computers vs the WSUS report.

The KB4497398 servicing stack update is installed on the problem Win10 update PC.

Just a reminder: Office 2013 June updates are being to the problem win10 PCs via the WSUS report. 

Any more things I can check?

Thx,

Edwin

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:02 PM