none
"Extend Volume" is greyed out while using Bitlocker windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I work only on my C:. There is 930 gig on the D: There is bitlocker on my machine.

If I shrink the volume of the D: by any number of sizes tried the option to "extend volume" on the C: is greyed out.  This is a laptop with one disk.  both C: and D: are formatted NTFS.

What steps if any can I take to extend C:  ?

I've read if I delete the D: then this should fix the problem.  However I've not read that if C: has bitlocker turned on if this will work.

Friday, March 30, 2018 2:01 PM

All replies

• Do a backup of d:, delete d:, extend c:, recreate d:, restore the data to d: - that's the only way, rest assured.
    Saturday, March 31, 2018 4:42 PM
  • Hi,

"If I shrink the volume of the D: by any number of sizes tried the option to "extend volume" on the C: is greyed out. "

Bit Locker on C drive will not bring impact to extend volume. But we need to make sure the unallocated part is on the right side of the extend volume. So we need to delete D volume to unallocated status before extend C volume. Make sure backup your data and recovery key on D drive.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:53 AM