none
I just upgraded to MS Project Professional 2013 desktop from 2010 desktop. My horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of my gantt chart has disappeared. How do I get it back? Thanks. (The option "Show scroll bars" is checked). RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Dale,

Everything was maximized so that wasn't it. When I went into another project schedule it did not happen at all.

This was a dumb user error problem. :-(  The horizontal scroll bar disappeared because all the columns fit on the screen so there was nothing to scroll. However I wanted to stretch out the most far right column (the Notes column) so that it would print nicely on legal landscape paper and it wouldn't let me. Of course I fixed it by widening a different column which brought the horizontal scroll bar back.

What's weird is I never had this problem with MSP 2010 (probably just coincidentally) so of course I wanted to blame 2013 since I just got it. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Lindy

Monday, November 24, 2014 11:04 PM

All replies

• sflass94133 --

If you maximize your Microsoft Project 2013 desktop application window, does the missing scroll bar reappear.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, November 21, 2014 10:14 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Everything was maximized so that wasn't it. When I went into another project schedule it did not happen at all.

This was a dumb user error problem. :-(  The horizontal scroll bar disappeared because all the columns fit on the screen so there was nothing to scroll. However I wanted to stretch out the most far right column (the Notes column) so that it would print nicely on legal landscape paper and it wouldn't let me. Of course I fixed it by widening a different column which brought the horizontal scroll bar back.

What's weird is I never had this problem with MSP 2010 (probably just coincidentally) so of course I wanted to blame 2013 since I just got it. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Lindy

Monday, November 24, 2014 11:04 PM
  • Linday --

You are way too funny, my friend!  I am very glad you found the solution to your problem and that you had the gumption to share the solution with us!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, November 24, 2014 11:28 PM