Windows 7 password change confirm icon missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Please check below capture

there is not showing, password change confirm icon.

what this happen and how to resolve this issue?

Friday, October 13, 2017 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean that the problem only exist on the computers which are in domain?

You can try to disjoin the domain and log on using local account to see if the problem still exists.

You can also check the Event Log to see if there is any error in Event Viewer>Windows Logs> System, when you logon both locally and in domain.

In addition, you can check the related group policy by typing the command in CMD as administrator:

gpresult /h gpreport.html

Locate at Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System> Logon

and User Configuration>Windows Settings>Scripts to see if there is any related policy applied on the client, which custom the login screen.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 3:30 AM

All replies

• Once you get to the login screen, hit the Shift key 5 times, a command prompt window will pop up.

Now to reset the password—just type the following command, replacing the username and password with the combination you want:

net user geek MyNewPassword

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, October 13, 2017 7:32 AM
  • I know how to change password method but I just want to know why.

I do not see the button on all computers. Is this a problem with Group Policy?

Friday, October 13, 2017 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that the problem only exist on the computers which are in domain?

You can try to disjoin the domain and log on using local account to see if the problem still exists.

You can also check the Event Log to see if there is any error in Event Viewer>Windows Logs> System, when you logon both locally and in domain.

In addition, you can check the related group policy by typing the command in CMD as administrator:

gpresult /h gpreport.html

Locate at Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System> Logon

and User Configuration>Windows Settings>Scripts to see if there is any related policy applied on the client, which custom the login screen.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 3:30 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:47 AM
  • I solved the problem by myself.
    This was a problem with external programs.
    Thank you for your support.
    Monday, October 23, 2017 1:58 AM