Server 2016 (printer server) x Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning people,

I am configuring a printer server with Windows server 2016, the default configuration worked perfectly, the problem is when I try to add printerserver printers in Windows XP.

When I click connect, it requires username and password, and it does not accept any password,

if you click twice on the printer share, a message is displayed that it can not be installed because access is denied.

I tried sharing a printer with the Generic / Text driver and it still does not connect.

If I share a folder, I can access it normally.

Would anyone have an idea of what it can be and if it has already gone through this how do I solve this problem?

Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:31 AM

All replies

• Windows XP is not a supported operating system for interaction with Windows Server 2016.  In fact, Windows XP is no longer a supported operating system.  However, you may be able to get your print servers to work if they are installed on an operating system that used to support Windows XP.  That would most likely mean going back to Windows Server 2008, and support for Windows XP ended in 2010.

tim

Thursday, December 6, 2018 2:11 PM
  • ok, thanks.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:59 PM
  • Hi ArsegoR,

Thanks for posting your query.

As mentioned by Tim, support for windows XP ended before Windows server 2016 released. So, they don't support each other. 

Here is a document about  Printer Sharing Technical Details for your reference.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 7, 2018 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can do for you?

If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to post here. 

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 10, 2018 5:43 AM