Using ICS in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having trouble using ICS with ad hoc networks in windows 7.

I have always been able to use ICS on my windows 7 laptop but recently I have purchased a new desktop computer running Windows 7 Home Premium. Whenever I set up an ad hoc netwok, I do all the correct steps to enable ICS, I always click the "enable ICS" button just like I do on my laptop. When I connect to the network on the laptop, the "Network and Sharing Center" says that I am connected to the Internet; however, when I try to navigate to a webpage or update my antivirus I always get an error message that I cannot connect to the server. When I run network diagnostics, it always tells me that Windows cannot identify the problem. When I try to connect with my Vista laptop, it tells me I have "local access only". I know the problem is with my host, and that it has nothing to do with my version of windows nor does it have anything to do with enabling ICS. As I mentioned before, it always work on my laptop but not my desktop. I should also mention that my desktop says that it is sharing internet when I click on network connections.

This problem is quite annoying so I would appreciate any help I can receive. Thanks.

-Dan

Dan

Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:56 AM