SFB Client Issues for MAC Questions RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the SFB client for mac but I cannot attend Microsoft Partner meetings with it?

Why can't I connect to this url, https://meet.lync.com/microsoft/dishak/48LW5T8W ?

Is this a problem with the URL or SFB?

Also, on windows we have to install a plug-in for IE/Edge. Does Mac have a unique plug-in?

I installed something but then it said I ran out of system memory, lol.

• Edited by ResidentX10 Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:18 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:05 PM

All replies

• Are you experiencing the issue only for this meeting url or for company hosted meetings as well, Did you check through web app were you able to join the meeting? Is this behavior different from another mac machine. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, December 2, 2016 12:28 PM
  • I tried SFB client and webapp but I was not able to connect through either. I don't have another Mac so I can't answer that question. This is a new MacBook air notebook. The next time I use the app is Monday evening.
    Friday, December 2, 2016 2:47 PM
  • Hi Resident,

Welcome to our forum.     

To troubleshoot this issue, please give us any feedback as following:
    Could you join this Microsoft Partner meeting using SFB client for Windows?
    Is there an error when you type meeting URL on MAC?

First of all, update MAC and SFB for MAC to the latest, then rejoin meeting to check if there are any errors. For a testing, we suggest you re-install this SFB for MAC client. Create a internal meeting and use this SFB for MAC client to check if SFB for MAC could join meeting.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, December 4, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Yes, I can join through SFB for windows.

Yes, I tried click and manual typing meeting url but both errored

I have prompted office to do automatic updates so it's current.

I'm on the road this week and I'm taking my PC. I will not be able to do Mac work on this case.

Sunday, December 4, 2016 6:10 PM
  • Update:

Microsoft updated the SFB client but I can only connect to the session using the browser. Also, the web plug in keeps timing out or failing to install but this doesn't seem to affect the session. This might be a wrong message

"Skype For Business Web App Plug in Installation has failed or timed out" [Retry]

• Edited by ResidentX10 Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 4:12 PM
  • How do I create screenshots on Mac?
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Hi, 

This should help 

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201361

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Update:

Microsoft updated the SFB client but I can only connect to the session using the browser. Also, the web plug in keeps timing out or failing to install but this doesn't seem to affect the session. This might be a wrong message

"Skype For Business Web App Plug in Installation has failed or timed out" [Retry]

Hi ResidentX10,

Did you mean you could join meeting using browser now?

Please post the error when you join meeting to us for troubleshooting, and tell us whether you join meeting from external network. Then update Mac’s OS to the latest, disable A/V software on Mac’s OS.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, December 17, 2016 9:41 AM
  • This is a year old but the issue is fixed a little now but I have different issues. 

Now I can join but I can't use chat or download files. 

See screenshot below:

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:17 PM