how to configure OCS with Alcatel PBX OMNIPCX R710/22.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning

I am currently testing OCS Standard and I would like to test this to work with the PBX of the company.

I don't arrived to get it to work with our Alcatel PBX

Could you help me or would you have a tutorial to configure OCS

and Mediation Server with Alcatel PBXs.

I read that in some forum, for some Alcatel PBX before version R8, to have GENESYS (GETS) 

But I did not find, I do not know if it's an application or device. 
    If is an application, is there a demo?

If you need more precision, I remain at your disposal.

Thanks by advance
    • Edited by Cristophe.M Wednesday, June 2, 2010 4:58 PM Updating new information
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hello

I almost forgot, I found this site that explains a little bit, but for now I have difficulty to understand.

http://www.appliednet.gr/Blog/2009/03/04/AlcatelLucentOXER8PBXSipTrunkConnectionToMicrosoftOCS2007Tested.aspx

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 9:01 AM
  • Hello,

I found out which version of the OmniPCX we have:
    it is the OMNIPCX Office MEDIUM

Soft Rel: R710/22.1

did you already installed OCS with this model? 

thank
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 4:49 PM
  • Hello,

I did some Alcatel/OCS R2 integration and each time, I have to do it with a gateway (NET VX1200 for instance). Alcatel is not listed as an IP PBX supporting Direct SIP. Please check the link below which provides all IP PBX working with Direct SIP:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx

As, this is not listed by the OIP (Open Interoperability Program) page, I never tried to do it without a Gateway since:

- It is not supported by Microsoft and Alcatel (You may double check directly with Alcatel to have the confirmation).

- Since it is not tested, certified and officially supported, it may be working as described by the link you provided in your second post but there are likely other unexpected behaviors. 

So, I really recommend you to use a gateway unless you do have the answer from Alcatel/Microsoft that it is supporting Direct SIP from release 8.

Also, you mentionned in your initial question the need of the GENESYS GETS. You do need GENESYS GETS or other third party component (Corebridge COGS for instance) if you are going to use the RCC feature but I don't think you are willing to implement RCC but Direct SIP.

Quang.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:40 PM
  • Hello Quang Duong,
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    I understand now why I could not find information on
    configuration of OCS with OXO alcatel.

Can you tell me more about the gateway.
    It is necessary that the PBX has an IP adapter or it may have 
    the analog and digital cards?

Would you have a link to a reseller of gateway (if it's possible, Deliver in France) to have a price range of NET VX1200 because there is no
    prices on the official site)

Thank you for your information ca me much already advanced.

see you soon
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

Basically you can connect your Alcatel PBX to the gatreway via an E1 interface (T2 QSIG if you are in France). Alcatel and NET do support BC or GF variances of QSIG.

But I think NET has also performed some testing and do support a SIP connection between Alcatel PBX and their VX1200 gateway. You may need to contact them directly for more confirmation.

NET contact information in France: 

N.E.T. Europe S.A.S | Email Us
    Le Pegase
    2 boulevard de la Liberation
    93284 Saint-Denis cedex
    France
    Phone: +33-1-49-33-73-56
    Fax: +33-1-49-33-73-50

I remind that not only NET gateways are certified for Direct SIP. You can visit the link I provided in my previous post to have a complete list of gateway vendors certified for Direct SIP (NET, Dialogic, Audiocodes...)

Also, implementing a Voice solution based on OCS and your existing PBX requires people with the qualified skills on these areas. I strongly recommend you to contact Microsoft to get a list of Microsoft Voice partners in France you may help you, mine is among them ;-)

Quang

Thursday, June 3, 2010 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.
    I will try to contact them and try to find someone qualified to obtain a quote.
    For the test of OCS, I'll stop there, since I can not easily integrate the PBX with OCS.

Really thank you for your help

Friday, June 4, 2010 8:50 AM
  • We got it working with Alcatel OXE 9.1 today and lync.

From what we did I would assume it would work similairly with others...

Gerhard Wessels Bytes Connect MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

may be you are intersted to hear I've Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise R10 running with MS Lync 2010. General functions like calls in both directions work fine. There are problems with display of call forwarding and calling number for calls from lync to external network. I'm not really sure if the problem is a configuration or missing feature.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:58 AM
  • Hi Willi,

How do you managed to connect OXE an Lync together ?

I am very interrested in how this can be done.

Are there any documentations or do you have screenshots ?

rgds,

Maeffy

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Dear Gerhard

Could you share how did you integrate Lync with Alcatel?

is it a direct integration or through a 3rd gateway party?

regards,

Mohmamed

Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Hello Mohamed,

there is nothing tricky in Alcatel OXE <> Lync Direct SIP connection.

Lync side

- define a main CPU Address as  Gateway in Lync

- configure this gateway to be used like any other gateway

OXE side:

- create a SIP Trunk Group (ISDN or ABCF works both, I'm looking forward to have more features using ABCF)

- create external SIP GW pointing to your FE server

- create Routing Number or ARS prefix (if you like to use e.164)

config is a bit different when for both

- restart sipmotor using "killall sipmotor" command

from now it should work.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Hi Gerhard,

I don´t know if you please could share the work you did to integrate the Alcatel OXE 9.1 IP-PBX with Lync.

Thanks in advance.

Saul

Monday, December 10, 2012 1:33 AM