none
Issue with Quick Access in File Explorer

Question

• Has anyone seen an instance where the Quick Access link in File Explorer opens as the default user (the one used to create the image) rather than the signed on user?

I have one, ONE user who uses the Quick Access link. When he clicks on Documents under the link, a popup comes up saying that he doesn't have access to that user's Documents. My suggestion to him is just to delete is and add his own. I haven't tried deleting it from my master image but I guess I can try...and then recapture it. I wasn't aware of this because no one uses it, but my manager, so I have to address it.

Friday, July 06, 2018 12:29 PM

All replies

• I ran into something similar when creating one of my original 1511 Windows 10 images.  I had to setup a logon script to delete "%appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\*".  You should also be able to just delete it from the default profile.

https://www.joseespitia.com/2016/03/25/windows-10-sysprep-issue/

Friday, July 06, 2018 4:58 PM
  • I went into Hyper-V and I don't even see the Documents link in Quick Access to be able to remove it.

I'm not aware of how to delete it from the VM since I can't see it listed...so I don't know how it's been added to Quick Access in the first place.

Also, a current user cannot add their own because one already exists, which they don't have authority to.
    Monday, July 09, 2018 2:13 PM
  • Yes, I remember running into this issue as well at one point and I remember that it was being caused by a modification which I applied. The issue would occur for example when you open Save As dialog in MS Office. I just do not remember what was the cause. I would start by evaluating what kind of modifications you are applying during the State Restore phase. It is often trial and error involving disabling individual steps until you find the culprit.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, July 13, 2018 6:23 AM