none
OLK 2013 and IMAP - cant configure OLK

Question

• I am having problems configuring OLK2013 for IMAP.  The customer is a small NGO and I have just agreed to take on their IT Support so don't know the history of the machines

The Mailbox is hosted on an external exchange server and when I use EXRCA to test, it reports all is fine and working for both non SSL (port143) and SSL (Port 993).

When I try to configure OLK and test the connection it returns "A secure connection to the server cannot be Established".  The response is instant, and doesnt seem to really take the time to connect to the server and try the IMAP connection handshake.

I have

• disabled the AV (Avast) and
    • Windows Firewall while trying to sort it out,
    • Edited DNS settings to inlcude Googles public DNS server as the 2nd DNS after the local gateway
    • Ran MRT looking for any malware related impacts
    • Scanned with Malware bytes which found 500+ non malware items and cleaned
    • ran a full online repair of Office 2013
    • but after 4 hours and reading the horror stories of IMAP and OLK2013 am out of ideas

• Edited by MBKITMGR Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:18 AM

All replies

• Perhaps I was little ahead of myself.

I decided to see if there was a non MS reason that could be the cause.

1. Ran a full online repair of office, and an error message returned that was odd, and a google search showed the message was from a hijack
    2. Ran a scan with the AV product they use, nothing found!!
    3. Ran a Malware Bytes scan, in excess of 700 - yes seven hundred items found and removed
    4. Ran a MRT scan, 54 items found

Office is now dead on the machine so a fresh install is about to happen and hopefully contributes to a positive outcome.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

>>Ran a full online repair of office, and an error message returned that was odd, and a google search showed the message was from a hijack

Could you provide the detailed text of the error message so that we can further look into the issue?

In addition, when reinstalling Office program, you can try using the Easy Fix tool to completely uninstall the Office program. We'd appreciate it if you could keep us posted after reinstalling Office.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Hello,

How is everything going? Has this issue been fixed now? If you would like further assistance on this issue, please don't hesitate to post back.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 1:44 AM