WindowsUpdate_00000646 WindowsUpdate_dt000 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an error code: "WindowsUpdate_00000646" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" and I can't find any solutions or forums that are in English. Can someone help me find and English speaking forum that can help me with this error code problem? 
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:08 PM

Answers

• I have the same issue.  I found a place that you can submit a question to microsoft for free and they will respond within 24 hours.  I submitted the questions.  When I get a response, I will post it here.  The website to post questions for free is: http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

In the meantime I tried a manual update which failed the first time but the second time I selected an optional "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976422) that was also available for upload.  To my pleasant surprise not only did that update install but the important updates that were hung up also installed.

Hope you have similiar results. 

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:13 PM

All replies

• I have the same issue.  11 updates won't run.
    • Proposed as answer by HEMMATI Friday, August 19, 2016 2:30 PM
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 5:20 PM
  • I have 7 updates that have failed with that error  code.  Help!
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:48 PM
  • I too have this problem, specifically with the download for KB2288613 (security update for Office 2003).  Hope this little bit of info helps someone with a solution.
    Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:29 PM
  • is this an epidimic. i to have trtied fixing  "WindowsUpdate_00000646" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"??? is their a solution out their? many times. im a novice at this but im most certainly not ignorant to dealing with issues along these lines. so refrase and rework the the famous lines on Clara Pellar "wheres the help"
    Friday, September 24, 2010 6:56 AM
  • I have the same issue.  I found a place that you can submit a question to microsoft for free and they will respond within 24 hours.  I submitted the questions.  When I get a response, I will post it here.  The website to post questions for free is: http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

In the meantime I tried a manual update which failed the first time but the second time I selected an optional "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976422) that was also available for upload.  To my pleasant surprise not only did that update install but the important updates that were hung up also installed.

Hope you have similiar results. 

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:13 PM
  • Thank you so very much cwlk245! Very thoughtful of you to help us.  I am going to try it to fix the same problem.  Thank you , thank you, thank U!  Debi Jo
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:13 PM
  • hei dear!!!pls can u send me the full explaination of ur solution because l`m so tried of this update.i also have similiar problem with my pc.hope to hear fm u soon...
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:52 PM