Server-Side Forwarding in Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if it is possible to forward all emails sent to an account to another internal mailbox without setting up a rule in Outlook. While searching over the forums I found a reference to this article which I believe would work, but it is for Exchange 2000 and the option is no longer there.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Follow the steps here:

http://exchangepedia.com/2008/02/how-to-forward-mail-to-an-external-email-address.html

except you do not need to create a contact.  Skip part 1 and do part 2, but specify the other mailbox instead of a contact.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by Magnus ITs Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:16 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:56 PM
  • Thank you very much
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to forward emails to an external email address, the forward object must not only be an SMTP address but also be a contact with an external SMTP address.

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:29 AM