none
Submitted assignment updates not showing in Approvals RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created a project, and put a bunch of tasks in that project which have all been assigned to resources.  The resources have now started updating those tasks.  Normally, I go to my "Approvals" page and accept the task updates if they are all ok.

In this one instance, I have occidentally rejected the task updates.  In this case I have got the resource to resubmit those tasks, which triggers a notification email through saying that an assignment has been updated.  When I get these messages, I expect to be able to go to the approvals page and accept them.  In practice this does not happen.  I go to the approval page, and the task is not visible.

Any ideas as to why this is the case?

I'm running project 2013, which I don't think has been patched.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:05 PM

All replies

• Open project plan and check who is the status manager for that particular task

kashif

Sunday, August 31, 2014 9:01 PM
  • If the project plan is checked out, then the application cannot process your request.

Ensure the project is checked in.

Open the Approvals -->History --> Status updates --> Ensure the rejected items are there with Published state

Or you can delete that item if you don't want.

Later open the tasks page, then just change the actual, save and submit for approval.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Monday, September 1, 2014 10:24 AM