Project Server 2010: assign team members to main projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

it is not possible to assign team members to a main project (neither in Web Access nor in client). This reduces a main project to collect some subprojects only (not very helpful).

How can I give access rights to a limited group of users? Normaly I can assign the users as team member and give access for all team members. It is not a good way to define categories per group inlcuding each main project by name.

Thanks
    Hartmut

Hartmut
    Friday, February 11, 2011 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Hartmut,

I think I found your issue. As long as a sub-project is selected, "Build team" is disabled. Click into any empty row of your master project and you will be able to add resources.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Hartmut,

It is possible to buld a team and assign resource to tasks in a master project the same way you would do so in any normal project. What exactly is not working for you?

Which access do they need to have? Defining a category for each master project doesn't seem like a good idea. You could use the new 'Project Permissions' feature, found in Project Center to achieve this.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, February 11, 2011 8:41 AM
  • Hi Hartmut,

I think I found your issue. As long as a sub-project is selected, "Build team" is disabled. Click into any empty row of your master project and you will be able to add resources.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Hi Hans,

Babara gave the correct tip. It works in client. I hope with SP1 you can build a team for master projects with Web Access too.

Thank
    Hartmut

Hartmut
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:22 AM