Edit metadata for pdf documents offline sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• How editing of metadata for non-MS office (example PDF) documents will be addressed in an SharePoint offline scenario?
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, August 7, 2011 7:18 AM Bold and link removed from text. Post questions only in normal text.
    • Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, August 7, 2011 7:18 AM q
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, August 7, 2011 7:19 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:21 AM

All replies

• Can you explain a bit on more on your requirement?

Thanks & Regards, Soumyadev | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:28 AM
  • How editing of metadata for non-MS office documents will be addressed in an offline scenario.  Our understanding is that MS Office workspace will only provide offline editing of metadata for MS office documents and others can only be done when online.  Client have PDF and other non-Office documents which are to be included in the out of the box SharePoint DMS features.

if you have any article or white papers kindly send to josephbtech@gmail.com

Monday, August 8, 2011 5:08 AM
  • I don't think this is possible with PDF or other documents apart from MS office documents. However, I'll try to check by myself.
    Thanks & Regards, Soumyadev | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:23 PM
  • Hi,

have you used Groove 2007 to do the same. This comes with MS Office 2007.

Refer this:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-sharepoint-services-help/team-up-with-groove-2007-and-sharepoint-2007-technologies-HA010338520.aspx

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, August 8, 2011 7:18 PM
  • Its possible only with MS Office documents what about non-MS Office documents

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:01 AM
  • MetaClean is a graphical tool for managing the Metadata from Microsoft Office, OpenOffice and PDF files to Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac platforms.

MetaClean is specially designed to efficiently support and manage very large files and to batch process many files at the same time.

Supports versions of Microsoft Office 97, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Download URL:

http://www.adarsus.com/en/metaclean.html

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:27 AM