none
Cost Calculation Reporting Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I assign a resource at a cost of $100/h in Project Online PWA Resource Centre, but my project uses a calendar with a 9 hour day.  When I look at the cost report a resource for 1 day says $800 for an eight hour day.  I assume it is pulling this information from Project Online server settings but I can't find where to change it.

Has anyone tried to change Project Online hours per day settings? So just to clarify, the project I'm trying to calculate the cost for is using an Enterprise calendar I created so I could get the working day as 9 hours long.  So far in the project I have one resource who has worked one day so it should be $900 instead of $800.  I thought maybe I could put in a daily rate but then when I have 0.5 days duration it will calculate for 4hrs instead of 4.5.

The calendar works when scheduling the duration of a task but seems to be pulling the hours for calculating the cost from somewhere else.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Gill 

Monday, May 12, 2014 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,

When you say your project uses a 9 hours day, is this the Project Pro settings or the enterprise calendar you defined? Did you update the default standard enterprise calendar for 9 hours or create a new enterprise calendar with 9 hr days?  

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I created an enterprise calendar which defines the 9 hour working day and changes the working days to Sunday - Thursday.  Is there a way for me to make this calendar the default or do I need to change the standard calendar?

Thanks for the help :)

Gill

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:41 PM
  • Hi gill,

Just go to the project tab in MS Project Pro, select "working time" then choose your 9hrs-calendar for your project and validate.

Ensure also that in the file/options/schedule, the working hours correspond to your calendar.

Finally again in the project tab of the ribbon, click on "project information" and check that the start date has the correct time (ie 8am if this is what you defined in your calendar).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Hi Gill,

You have to set calendar at three places. First is at Project by clicking on the project info option and selecting project calendar. Then go to file tab of MSP and click on info , then on the schedule time and update the work hours per day to 9 and per week to what you need to. Also you have to set the resource calendar to 9 hrs if you want the resources to work for 9 hrs per day.

Hope you find this useful.

Regards,

Saurav

Saturday, May 17, 2014 9:32 AM