locked
Reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The Operation failed. An object cannot be found RRS feed

  • Question

  • Outlook 2010 is popping up with the error when downloading offline address book: Reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The Operation failed. An object cannot be found'.

    The OAB website prompts for credentials when i browse to it, and I can see the files in the \\ExchangeOAB directory update their time stamps when I hit update offline address book.

    I have checked the mailbox databases and they are set with an offline address book under client settings.

    I have even deleted and recreated a new offline address book and set the above, but still the same issue.

    I have two questions:

    1) How can i enable trace/verbose logging so I can track this issue down?

    2) Any ideas what it could be?

    Thanks in advance.

    Chris

    Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:56 PM

Answers

  • Hi ,

    Please attempt to create a new Outlook Profile.

    Error 0x8004010F in Outlook 2010:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2659085

    Please also check if the Autodiscover has any error via "Test E-mail AutoConfiguration"

     More information for your reference.

    Outlook clients receive error 0x8004010f when downloading the Offline Address Book:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/04/19/3401966.aspx


    Wendy Liu

    TechNet Community Support


    Monday, August 27, 2012 3:35 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi

         I can't say I can solve your problems, but I will try my best to help you.

         Troubleshooting about OAB has so many methods and has many situations. After seeing your description, I advise you to do some things:

         1. After you create one new OAB, then update it.

         2. After updated it, you find Service in your Mailbox Server: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant , right click to restart.

         3. After System attendant restarted, you find Service in your Client Access Server:

         4. After File Distribution restarted, you log in your Outlook to check whether you could download OAB.

    Regards.

    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:08 AM
  • Hi  ,

    Did you configure proxy in your Windows Internet Explorer ?

    If yes, please understand the following article.

    Error "0x8004010F" occurs when Outlook synchronizes an offline address book:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939765


    Wendy Liu

    TechNet Community Support

    Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:54 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi ,

    Please attempt to create a new Outlook Profile.

    Error 0x8004010F in Outlook 2010:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2659085

    Please also check if the Autodiscover has any error via "Test E-mail AutoConfiguration"

     More information for your reference.

    Outlook clients receive error 0x8004010f when downloading the Offline Address Book:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/04/19/3401966.aspx


    Wendy Liu

    TechNet Community Support


    Monday, August 27, 2012 3:35 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi

         I can't say I can solve your problems, but I will try my best to help you.

         Troubleshooting about OAB has so many methods and has many situations. After seeing your description, I advise you to do some things:

         1. After you create one new OAB, then update it.

         2. After updated it, you find Service in your Mailbox Server: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant , right click to restart.

         3. After System attendant restarted, you find Service in your Client Access Server:

         4. After File Distribution restarted, you log in your Outlook to check whether you could download OAB.

    Regards.

    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:08 AM
  • Hi  ,

    Did you configure proxy in your Windows Internet Explorer ?

    If yes, please understand the following article.

    Error "0x8004010F" occurs when Outlook synchronizes an offline address book:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939765


    Wendy Liu

    TechNet Community Support

    Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:54 AM
    Moderator
  • maybe this could help you.

    http://msexchangeguru.com/2013/12/04/e2013-oab/

    • Proposed as answer by Andi Kovaci Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:51 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:31 AM
  • For me, this solved it:

    1 - Create a new OAB:

    New-OfflineAddressBook -Name "OAB_Contoso" -AddressLists "\Default Global Address List" -VirtualDirectories $Null -GlobalWebDistributionEnabled $True

    2 - Set it as default for all Exchange DBs:

    Get-Mailboxdatabase | Set-MailboxDatabase -OfflineAddressBook OAB_Contoso

    3 - Remove the old OAB:

    Remove-OfflineAddressBook “Default Offline Address Book”

    Thanks to

    http://msexchangeguru.com/2013/12/04/e2013-oab/


    Jose Angel Rivera


    • Edited by balboa41 Monday, October 17, 2016 10:35 PM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 10:34 PM