none
Windows Server 2008 DNS issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My internal DNS server is using a Windows Server 2008.
    When my client PC use the DNS of the Windows Server 2008, that got the very slow response / timeout on all outside domain lookup. Now, I changed as google DNS 8.8.8.8, that I lookup outside domain to resume normally.

Any idea?

Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Edwinlcf,

>>When my client PC use the DNS of the Windows Server 2008, that got the very slow response / timeout on all outside domain lookup.

Have you configured forwarder on DNS server?

Please run nslookup command, and then enter set d2 to check if process of query is correct.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:43 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 8:00 AM

All replies

• First read this link:

Troubleshoot DNS

Then:

1.) Create backup

2.) Upgrade server to 2012 R2

Ninja 4 IT

Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:54 AM
  • Hi Edwinlcf,

>>When my client PC use the DNS of the Windows Server 2008, that got the very slow response / timeout on all outside domain lookup.

Have you configured forwarder on DNS server?

Please run nslookup command, and then enter set d2 to check if process of query is correct.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:43 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

John

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:30 AM