Print Spooler issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi....

I am having technical difficulties with printing documents from my desktop.  I have an hp 1012 printer, with Windows 7 as the OS and I keep "loosing" my printer, including "loosing" my pdf printer.  I have worked with an IT person to help fix the problem, and we keep running into this issue.  I have tried the suggestions from your forum, and my printers still are lost.  If I try to restart my printer spoolers (and they say stopped when I go to the service folder) I receive the following message: "Windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer.  Error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request n a timely fashion."  By the way, this message pops up right after I attempt to start the printer spoolers.  This is the 3rd or 4th time that I have had to restart printer spoolers in the past month.  As I am a novice with computers and just want this to work, what are your suggestions?  I have restarted my computer after this issue, and sometimes the printers appear, and other times, they are still lost.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check the following:

1. Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

2. Clear the print spooler queue

=================================

Click start, type cmd in the search bar, right click cmd and run as administrator. Type the following commands and press enter.

net stop spooler

del /F /Q %systemroot%\System32\spool\PRINTERS\*

net start spooler

3. Fix printer problems.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:17 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 7:17 AM