none
Import Timesheets from Excel into Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  Is it possible to import multiple timesheets from Excel into Project Online Premium?  I'm trying to determine the most efficient way for our employees working on multiple projects throughout the day to log their time in Project.  I can easily produce an Excel report from our current timesheet reporting system and would like to be able to transfer that data directly into Project Time Sheets without asking our employees to enter their hours in 2 different places. Thank you!
    Monday, June 11, 2018 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hi KSWTX,

In short, the answer is no, there is no out of the box solution to enable you to do this.  From my perspective you have four potential routes to go down.

1. Use the import wizard to import the data into MS Project - this would be done by the PM on a project by project basis and by-passes PJO's timesheets.

2. Cut and paste the data into the PJO timesheets - this would be done by each resource - note that the timesheet grid would have to be set up in exactly the same way as the export to excel.

3. Code a soln that updates the timesheet data from the CSV file directly to PJO timesheets using REST or similar.

4. If your goal is reporting only, use Power BI / Excel to combine the CSV file and PJO OData feed to provide a view of projects and timesheets.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:21 AM