SteadyState for Users on Different Domain RRS feed

• Question

• I am the IT manager for a university Library, and at night we have student as staff using the same terminals, they have a tendancy to install applications on this computer and slowing it down.

My question was, is it possible to have SteadyState active only when a student logs in his traces will be removed once restarted, but keep access and proper function for the regular staff.

The students need the right to write to the drive on other computers so I am not able to remove those rights.

Staff Login goes in the Staff domain and Student in their own.

Would therer be a way for me to have SteadState function in this manner?

Thanks in advance!
    JEB
    Friday, January 23, 2009 7:47 PM

Answers

•  

Hi JEB, do you mean you want some of the accounts have right to write and keep changes on the disk and others don't? For administrator accounts, they should receive option to save or discard changes. I don't know if dividing those accounts to local administrator and standard user helps on the situation, however, it seems the only way to reach the target.   

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, February 6, 2009 2:22 AM
    Monday, January 26, 2009 9:18 AM

All replies

•  

Hi JEB, do you mean you want some of the accounts have right to write and keep changes on the disk and others don't? For administrator accounts, they should receive option to save or discard changes. I don't know if dividing those accounts to local administrator and standard user helps on the situation, however, it seems the only way to reach the target.   

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, February 6, 2009 2:22 AM
    Monday, January 26, 2009 9:18 AM
  • I have done a bit more research, and I am able to give the Staff local admin on the computers, making it easier to administer. Now my new question is, on shutdown bubble.exe asks to write or discard changes, on the Local Admin I have 60 secs to perform this choice, but on any domain user with Local or Domain admin will only give 5 seconds.

Any suggestions on making the shutdown/reboot timer default to 60 seconds?

Thanks again,
    JEB
    Monday, January 26, 2009 11:27 AM