Firewall rule CS TCP 13457 used for??? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to lock down our firewalls and see lync created a rule "CS TCP13457" on all of them. I cant find anything that says what this port is used for. Anybody else have this rule and do you know what is used for?

Thanks,

Jamali

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:05 PM

Answers

• That port is used by Lync to set the Kerberos password (Set-CsKerberosAccountPassword) on the web services for Front End and Director servers, if Kerberos authentication has been configured in your environment.

It is my understanding that TechNet documentation will be updated to include this missing information in the near future.

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP
    • Marked as answer by Jamali_P Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:02 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:57 PM

All replies

• Well it actually looks like its not used for anything... it doesnt answer and its not listed here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398833.aspx
    Best Regards // Tommy Clarke - Please follow me @ Blog
    and Twitter
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:44 PM
  • i was wrong, it is being used.
    Best Regards // Tommy Clarke - Please follow me @ Blog
    and Twitter
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Now I am curious why you would need that port if you are not using customized ports?
    I have not seen this port anywhere, can you explain?

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:15 PM
  • That port is used by Lync to set the Kerberos password (Set-CsKerberosAccountPassword) on the web services for Front End and Director servers, if Kerberos authentication has been configured in your environment.

It is my understanding that TechNet documentation will be updated to include this missing information in the near future.

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP
    • Marked as answer by Jamali_P Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:02 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:57 PM
  • thanks Jeff. I can accept that as an answer.
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:02 PM