Remove outlook plugin the Hotel California add-in RRS feed

• Question

• I added the dropbox plugin into Outlook 365 via appsource.microsoft.com a year ago and have been trying to remove this useless add-in ever since. It will not go away no matter what. it's no longer in the add-ins dialog box. the checkbox in Dropbox app settings is unchecked. i keep removing it from the ribbon and it keeps coming back. i installed outlook on a new computer and that add-in appeared there. don't ever install this add-in, you can never leave. 
    please help me remove this devil add-in
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:46 PM

All replies

• Change the load behavior to a value of 0 in the registry. 

Check here: HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Office/Outlook/Addins

The path may be slightly different, but it should be in that location or somewhere else nearby in the '../Office' key

Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

i didn't find it there:

Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Ok. Try the the sub-key /16.0/Outlook/Addins

Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:42 PM
  • What's your account type?

For Exchange account, add-ins are stored in the mailbox instead of local computer. That's why you can still see this add-in on a new computer. We can try removing it via the web mail.

If it’s not listed in registry, please click “Get Add-ins” under Home tab. Click My Add-ins. Search it under Store add-ins or Admin-managed add-ins section. If you can find it click the icon and choose ‘Remove’.

Besides, we can try manually removing the option from Ribbon to see if it helps:

Go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon. Select the option and then choose Remove.

What’s more, have a look whether you’ve configured your account on other devices. Sometimes although you remove the add-in from Outlook desktop, it may still exist on other devices which make it reappear.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Robotitude Sunday, September 29, 2019 6:43 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Are there any updates with this issue? I'm wondering if the reply above helps.

If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer. If you have other concerns, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:05 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:05 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2019 7:25 AM