Exchange Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

•  I have installed Exchange 2013 on new server & migrated all accounts to new server including the arbitration & discovery ones. & after that I shutdown previous Exchange server 2013 to check everything is working fine. After shutdown the server I am able to send mails outside but I am unable to receive emails from outside of organization.It would be great if you can let me know if I missing something or not migrated any mailbox (delivery)... please suggest me what to do?
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:53 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply. I have just shutdown old exchange & restarted New MS exchange after that mail flow is working fine. but here is another issue I am facing that in outlook 2010 I am getting "Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server" frequently, I am using Cache mode enabled in outlook account settings.

I think there is some issue with Global catalog server entry, can you please help me with that? how to verify the global catalog exchange entries?

Monday, March 10, 2014 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

For the error message issue, I recommend the following troubleshooting:
    1. Check if there is other user coming across the same issue.
    If yes, please check if the problematic users include both external users and internal users.
    If not, please change another computer and check if you can reproduce the issue.
    2. Check the option named Req\Fail and status through Connection Status when the issue happens:
    Hold control and right click Outlook icon>connection status
    If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:52 AM
  • Thanks Angela. This is Great... I got it, I forgot to migrate public folders from old exchange to new exchange. Thank you very much for your support.

2. Check the option named Req\Fail and status through Connection Status when the issue happens:

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there must be a Firewall that accept the incoming mails and forward them to your previous Exchange. Check the Firewall and configure it to send incoming mails to the new Exchange 2013.

Hope that helps

Regards

Sebastian

• Proposed as answer by SebVe Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:52 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:14 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I have just shutdown old exchange & restarted New MS exchange after that mail flow is working fine. but here is another issue I am facing that in outlook 2010 I am getting "Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server" frequently, I am using Cache mode enabled in outlook account settings.

I think there is some issue with Global catalog server entry, can you please help me with that? how to verify the global catalog exchange entries?

Monday, March 10, 2014 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

For the error message issue, I recommend the following troubleshooting:
    1. Check if there is other user coming across the same issue.
    If yes, please check if the problematic users include both external users and internal users.
    If not, please change another computer and check if you can reproduce the issue.
    If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:52 AM
  • Thanks Angela. This is Great... I got it, I forgot to migrate public folders from old exchange to new exchange. Thank you very much for your support.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:10 PM