Multiple Sessions of Web Professional Open RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are using Proclarity Web Professional 6.3.2216.168 and we have a user who will be working in briefing book and will get interrupted and need to open another one off a different cube, but when they go to open a new one, it uses the same Web Professional session.  Is it possible to have multiple sessions open of Web Professional at one time?

Thank You,
    Sharon J.
    Sharon J
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:46 PM

Answers

• It's possible this could be addressed with a programming solution, but I haven't seen it done that way.  The manual solution is probably too easy to really justify the customization effort.  So, once you click on the page and the Web Pro opens, in the open Web Pro window press "F11".  Now hover your mouse near the top of the screen to see the URL, highlight that, and pres "Ctrl+N".  This will open another Web Pro window.  From that window you can go to File|Analytics Server and retrieve another briefing book, or you can choose another page in the existing briefing book.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by jorg2195 Monday, March 30, 2009 11:30 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 11:23 PM

All replies

• Probably the easiest way to accomplish this is the highlight the URL in the open Web Pro browser window and press "Ctrl+N" to open a new window.  Most often I've seen people use "F11" in the original windows to get the URL window displayed and maximize real estate, highlight the URL, press "Ctrl+N", and then press "F11" again in the new window.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:06 PM
  • Thank you for your response. 

I have tried that, but I don't quite understand what the "Web Professional' is doing.  I open our web page that displays the Libraries (http://testserver/pas/en/src/Proclarity.asp).  I select a briefing book from a library, I select a page within that book, it's at this point that it opens the Web Professional software which looks like a web page, but it doesn't have any URL's.  I can open multiple sessions of the website that displays the Libraries, it's when I select a page within a briefing book that it uses the same Web Professional session. 

I just talked to a web programmer and he thought that maybe the web page that calls the Web Professional is opening a new window called  i.e. "mywindow"  and that if "mywindow" is open already, it's uses it.  He was thinking that if we can pass a variable of the Breifing book id as the window name, that we open a new window based on that. 

He's going to take a look at it, but was wondering if there are any suggestions? or are we off track? 
    Thanks!
    Sharon J
    • Unmarked as answer by jorg2195 Monday, March 30, 2009 11:30 PM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 4:47 PM
  • It's possible this could be addressed with a programming solution, but I haven't seen it done that way.  The manual solution is probably too easy to really justify the customization effort.  So, once you click on the page and the Web Pro opens, in the open Web Pro window press "F11".  Now hover your mouse near the top of the screen to see the URL, highlight that, and pres "Ctrl+N".  This will open another Web Pro window.  From that window you can go to File|Analytics Server and retrieve another briefing book, or you can choose another page in the existing briefing book.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 11:23 PM
  • Thank You... I was obviously doing something wrong and not understanding, but I finally got it! Sorry for the PIA.

Sharon J
    Monday, March 30, 2009 11:32 PM