SharePoint 2007 - Document Library Settings RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently using SharePoint 2007 to maintain our Policies and Procedures. The problem I am currently facing is that fact that anyone who knows how to do it can general the Document Library settings. Is there anyway to secure this so that only our site administrators can change these settings? Our primary concern is the Versioning settings.
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Pamela,

Yes that can be achieved. You can give the contribute access to the normal users of the system. Then the users will only have rights to upload and delete document in the system. The system permissions like document library settings will not be visible to the users.

You can group your users with SharePoint Groups or using the Exchange Distribution List. This will help you manage the permissions efficiently.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Please mark this post as Answer if this was helpful.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:31 AM
  • We are using SharePoint Server 2007.

Right now, we have our Policy and Procedure libraries in SharePoint setup to use Active Directory Security Groups.     I have a folder within that library which I use to store our training materials.    The permissions on this folder allow limited access for everyone in the organization who has an active directory account, read access for all Home Site Visitors, and Full Control, Design and Contribute for our site admins.

I removed myself from our site admin AD Security group and restarted my computer.     This should mean that I have read access at best to this folder, however, I can still see the Settings tab and I can still use it to alter our document library settings, and create columns and views.   This means that all visitors to our Home Site can change our Document Library settings.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:10 PM