none
WSS 3.0 Replica Inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• In the past several weeks I have been unable to get my replica consistent so that I can do a granular recovery.  If I do a reboot of DPM it tells me things are fine but then as soon as the next backup is run it fails. 

Affected area: Sharepoint Farm\sql01\SharePoint_Config

Occurred since: 10/19/2011 1:35:33 PM

Description: DPM failed to obtain catalog information as part of the backup for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\sql01\SharePoint_Config on WSS01.domain.com. Your recovery point is valid, but you will be unable to perform item-level recoveries using this recovery point. (ID 3103)

Recommended action: 
    1) If you do not expect to be performing item-level restores using this recovery point, then dismiss this alert; otherwise, take the recommended actions in the subsequent steps.

2) If the operation failed for a short-term backup to disk, in the Protection task area, select the data source and click Create recovery point to restart the backup.

3) If the operation failed for a short-term backup to tape, in the Protection task area, select all the failed data sources that belong to the same protection group, and click Create recovery point – tape. This will ensure that the tape backups are located on the same tape.

4) Dismiss this alert immediately after starting your backup.

Resolution: DPM automatically changes this alert's status to inactive 10 days after it is issued.To dismiss the alert, click below

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Affected area: Sharepoint Farm\sql01\SharePoint_Config

Occurred since: 10/19/2011 1:30:40 PM

Description: The replica of SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\sqlrecc01\SharePoint_Config on WSS01.mnpower.com is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)
     The protected volume \\?\Volume{63360b1f-b563-11db-84fb-001372389280}\ on sql01.mnpower.com could not be accessed. The volume may have been removed or dismounted, or another process may be exclusively using it. (ID 55 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990A57)

Recommended action: Make sure that volume \\?\Volume{63360b1f-b563-11db-84fb-001372389280}\ can be accessed, and then click the recommended action link below.
    If a new volume \\?\Volume{63360b1f-b563-11db-84fb-001372389280}\ was created to replace a previously protected volume with the same name, and you want to protect the new volume, you must remove the original volume from its protection group, and then add the new volume to the protection group. You can retain the replica for future recoveries.

I am not sure what to do.  i can't find any real errors to go on.

I am on Windows 2008 x64, DPM 2007 SP1

Thx

Paul

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:15 PM

Answers

• It appears that we recently did a Filer (SAN) upgrade and the ww numbers must have been relabled.  I did a "Modify Protection Group" and just "Next" through all the options and things appear to now be running normal again.

Thx

Paul

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:38 PM