What fix I do have installed? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Petri,

SFB client(16.0.8431.2242) come from Office 365 ProPlus (channel: Semi-Annual),not the Office 2016 Volume Licence version. 16.0.4678.1000 come from the Office Professional Plus 2016 Click-to-Run

This KB Applies to: Skype for Business 2016 Skype for Business 2015 Microsoft Lync 2013 ,not include the Office 365 ProPlus.If you think this KB could fix your problem,please install the SFB client from the office Professional Plus 2016 Click-to-Run.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 5:34 AM
  • If something MS has failed with the Office editions is this :)

You say: "16.0.4678.1000 come from the  Office Professional Plus 2016 Click-to-Run"

But when I take a look from "File - Accounts" my Office says:

Microsoft Office 365 ProPlusVersion 1708 (Build 8431.2242 Click-to-Run)
    Semi-annual Channel

But the question is still the same: how I can know if this fix has been applied to my clients or not? And if not, how I could make it happen? We do have many users who suffers issue where Skype memory usage grows and then crashing. My company is using the ProPlus, so I cannot change it to Professional Plus.

Petri

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:21 AM
  • Hi Petri,

here is complete list of Office ProPlus versions: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office365-proplus-by-date

Your seems to be from april sometime. What do you use to manage installation and update for your office applications?

If you start SFB, click tools - Help - About SFB, what is the version you have?

Does it affect when transfer other files than HTML?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Edited by Off2work Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:55 AM EDIT
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:52 AM
  • That is good list. But unfortunately that also says Skype for Business has not got a real fixes since January 2018 :-/

And I do not have any change to help users if I could see required fixes to the client? The other fix I'm waiting to get is this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/monthly-channel-2018#version-1801-february-1

"Fix an issue where the P2P audio call window or conference call window becomes transparent when you attempt to join"

The Skype crashing problem seems to be more visible when users having meetings with camera, but as I haven't seen any description of the solution I cannot say if this could help us our users as well. If MS fix one memory leak, it could have a positive affect on elsewhere.

Petri

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:44 AM
  • The memory leak problem was caused by the Intel's 520 GPU. Using the latest drivers (Ver. 21.20.16.4821) the issue was solved.

But still I wish to learn how the fixes can be applied to users if some of them are important.

Petri

Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:51 PM
  • After updating your driver to the latest version,his issue was disappear, this issue was not related to this version of SFB,your SFB client is used to the O365 port, not the Office professional Plus ,they are two different version of client, if want to use this KB , please change the office professional Plus ,you cannot use this KB apply for the SFB client from the O365 port.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 11, 2018 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, June 15, 2018 11:46 AM