none
GALSync between forest - User / Contact being duplicated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using FIM2010 to do GAL Sync between two forest. One running Exchange 2010 and the other running Exchange 2013.

Lets name Forest A - Exchange 2010 and Forest B - Exchange 2013

When I migrate a user from Forest A to Forest B, The user account is still Active in Forest A.

When I do FIM Synchronization, The contact of the user in Forest A (Which is still available in this forest) gets created in Forest B even if the User Object is available in Forest B (The user was migrated).

My Question is : Is there a way for FIM to check if the user is available in the specified forest before creating its contact?

I am quite new to FIM and if someone has a resolution for this I would be immensely grateful.

Kind Regards,

Mathieu

Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:57 AM

All replies

• No.  GALSync does not assume any migration scenarios.  It assumes multiple (2 or more) orgs needing to sync separate identities as contacts to one another.  You could potentially edit the galsync.dll to check for this scenario you describe, but it would take development in order to accomplish it.

An easier solution would be to have Forest A's GAL MA have an OU out of scope (de-selected out of the management agent's operational view - found in the Containers... section in the MA), so that, as you migrate folks from Forest A to B, you move said users to this "out of scope" OU.  In this way, the management agent will no longer act on this object and delete the contact on the other side.  I would just make that part of the migration procedure (moving to the out-of-scope OU post-migration).

Regards, Jose Garza | MS: Svr Virt, MCTS:FIM, MCSA:2003 | http://josetheadmin.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:36 AM