none
Outlook and OWA calendar sync issues

Question

• Hi,

I have a client who's OWA calendar does not sync with Outlook, they are on 365.

If an appointment is added or modified in OWA this does not sync with Outlook.

The mailbox is quite a large mailbox of around 25gb.

I have re-created the Outlook profile, once this loads, the calendar is synced and up-to-date but any further changes are still not synced.

I thought it maybe that the OST is not updating and Outlook is reading from this, so I have switched off 'use cached exchange mode' but this causes outlook to run very slow indeed, so it isn't an option that can be used.

Dose anyone have any suggestions on a fix for this? It will be much appreciated. 

Thank you :)

Friday, March 31, 2017 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I thought it maybe that the OST is not updating and Outlook is reading from this, so I have switched off 'use cached exchange mode' but this causes outlook to run very slow indeed, so it isn't an option that can be used.

Did this issue disappear when cached Exchange mode was disabled?

Will changes in Outlook client calendar sync back to calendar in OWA?

Is it a shared calendar or the primary calendar of the mailbox?

What if we try manually clicking the Update Folder button under Send/Receive tab in Outlook when this issue happens?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 7:02 AM
  • Thank you for your reply, Steve. I will get the information and get back to you soon.

Monday, April 3, 2017 3:07 PM
  • My pleasure. Please feel free to post back at your most convenient time.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:39 AM