none
FIM 2010 Synchronization Service Manager - OperationsTab very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have recently migrated from ILM 2007 to FIM 2010.

After migration we noticed that when clicked on 'Operations' tab of the Synchronization Service Manager it is taking very long time to load the run profiles.

Same size of data is present in the connectors as it was in ILM 2007, but in ILM it is fast but in FIM 2010 it is very slow.

But all the MA's are running in expected speed without any problem.

Has anyone faced this kind of issue, could you please help me in understanding why this happens and how this can be solved.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 4:51 AM

Answers

• JyothiShree,

This is a typical symptom of large run history. On the Operations tab in the lower right corner, what is the number shown for the amount of runs? Also, in SQL, for the sync service DB, what is the size of the mms_step_object_details table? If the answer to first question is in the 1000s and the 2nd answer is > GB, then this is the problem..........

why this is happening in FIM and didn't happen in ILM 2007 I am not sure..........could be change in topology(sql was local, is now remote), change in SQL itself(version).............

In the action menu item for the Operations tab, there is tool to clean out the history, I would recommend doing this in chunks instead of the entire run history at once. There is quite a bit of information on run history, I would start with looking at FIM resource wiki, located here.

• Marked as answer by JyothiShree Friday, June 7, 2013 4:42 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:16 AM

All replies

• JyothiShree,

This is a typical symptom of large run history. On the Operations tab in the lower right corner, what is the number shown for the amount of runs? Also, in SQL, for the sync service DB, what is the size of the mms_step_object_details table? If the answer to first question is in the 1000s and the 2nd answer is > GB, then this is the problem..........

why this is happening in FIM and didn't happen in ILM 2007 I am not sure..........could be change in topology(sql was local, is now remote), change in SQL itself(version).............

In the action menu item for the Operations tab, there is tool to clean out the history, I would recommend doing this in chunks instead of the entire run history at once. There is quite a bit of information on run history, I would start with looking at FIM resource wiki, located here.

• Marked as answer by JyothiShree Friday, June 7, 2013 4:42 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:16 AM
  • Hi Glenn,

Thanks a lot for your reply !

I checked, the amount of runs are more. but the size of mms_step_object_details is in MBs only.

I will now clear the run profiles.

Please let me know if you have any further updates.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:52 AM