How do you activate XP if there's no button in the start menu RRS feed

• Question

• Okay. I purchased XP and have a genuine key. I installed it on my computer once, no problem, but then I had to reinstall after a crash. I have it installed and I want to activate it, but I can't find the button like everyone says, in the start menu>all programs>accessories>System tools>Activate windows... My computer keeps pushing me to validate online but I can't get the plugin or the other link to validate to work.This is a genuine, purchased, legal copy of xp sp3, but I can't figure out how to or where to put in my registration/activation code. My computer keeps saying I have like 28 days to activate, and I really just can't figure it out. This is so frustrating. I'm switching from linux and this is incredibly annoying.

I would very much appreciate some help on this one. It shouldn't matter that I reinstalled, right? Or should it?

Thanks,

Anna

I keep getting this page when I try to validate:

Is it not possible to validate anymore? That doesn't make much sense...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• Click Start - Run. When "Run" Window appears, type "oobe/msoobe /a" and enter. Now, you can proceed without finding "Activate Windows" shortcut.

"Everything we do is dictated by motive."
    • Marked as answer by all2473 Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:48 PM