getting connected client list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are planning to shutdown few Exchange 2003 SP 2 server and not able to get who is connected to these servers because of these we are not able to power off these servers

We are using few Exchange servers for Application SMTP/IMAP sending out email thorough Applications/UNIX servers

Is there any command/utility which can tell me who is connected to my exchange server on SMTP/IMAP/POP port?

regards,

Swapnil

Regards, Swapnil Jain

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:22 PM

Answers

• Enable logging for SMTP/POP/IMAP if you already don't have it enabled and use log parser or log parser lizard to break the logs down and view the users/computers that have connected to the service.  I did it through powershell using a select-string command. 

• Marked as answer by swapniljain9 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:01 PM

All replies

• Enable logging for SMTP/POP/IMAP if you already don't have it enabled and use log parser or log parser lizard to break the logs down and view the users/computers that have connected to the service.  I did it through powershell using a select-string command. 

• Marked as answer by swapniljain9 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Hello Corev,

Thanks for the suggestion and it helped me to get whatever information I wanted

Thanks again for all suggestion

Regards,

Swapnil

Regards, Swapnil Jain

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:37 AM