none
FAQ: Live Meeting Media related topics RRS feed

• General discussion

•  Q 1: Why am I not able to hear audio in Live Meeting 2007 as a presenter?

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1.       Join a Live Meeting 2007 meeting as an Organizer or Presenter by using the Live Meeting 2007 Windows Console.

Located on the top of your Live Meeting 2007 console window is the Live Meeting 2007 Console menu.

For more information about how to configure computer audio, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/livemeeting/CH102356871033.aspx

2.       In the Voice And Video pane, select Set Up Audio And Video, and then complete the instructions that are presented on the screen.

3.       On the Live Meeting 2007 menu bar, click Voice & Video to access the Voice & Video pane.

4.       In the Voice and Video pane, under Options, select Set Up Audio And Video.

5.       When you are prompted with the following message, click Yes:

6.       Setting up audio and video automatically stops all voice and video conversations. Do you want to continue?

7.       Complete the wizard to finish setting up your audio and video.

When you complete the wizard, your audio will be connected.

For more information, refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944600.

Q 2: The audio device does not work on a Windows Vista-based computer after I use the Windows-based Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 client to join a conference.

This issue occurs when there is a conflict between Windows Speech Recognition in Windows Vista and the Live Meeting 2007 client. When Windows Vista starts, Windows Speech Recognition also starts. Therefore, the Live Meeting 2007 client cannot use the audio device.

To resolve this issue, make sure that no application has exclusive control of the audio device. To do this, follow the steps described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938287.

Q 3: I receive "An audio codec is needed to play this file" error message when I try to access the streaming audio broadcast of a meeting in Live Meeting.  What do I need?

To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:

Method 1: Install the Vivog723.inf file

1.       Download the Vivog723.inf file to the %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Live Meeting 7\Console\folder_version_number folder on the computer. To obtain the Vivog723.inf file, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/F/C/4FC8E185-C908-47FF-A049-30CEA95D749D/939093.exe

2.       Note The folder_version_number placeholder specifies the highest numbered folder. The %systemdrive% environmental variable specifies the letter of the hard disk drive on which Microsoft Windows is installed. By default, this is hard disk drive C.

3.       Right-click the Vivog723.inf file, and then click Install.

4.       Rejoin the meeting to access the streaming audio broadcast.

5.       If you cannot access the streaming audio broadcast after you rejoin the meeting, go to
     Method 2.

Method 2: Install the Vivog723.reg file

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

1.       Download the Vivog723.reg file to the desktop on the computer. To obtain the Vivog723.reg file, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

2.       http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/F/C/4FC8E185-C908-47FF-A049-30CEA95D749D/939093.exe

3.       Double-click the Vivog723.reg file to run it.

4.       Click Yes when you are prompted to verify that you want to add the information to the registry.

Rejoin the meeting to access the streaming audio broadcast.

For more information, refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939093.

Q 4: I am experiencing poor audio quality when I use Internet Audio Broadcast to listen to a meeting.

This issue may occur for one or more of the following reasons:

·         This issue may be caused by network congestion or by Internet congestion.

·         This issue may be caused by congestion on proxy devices, firewall devices, and Network Address Translation (NAT) devices that are used for incoming Internet connections or for outgoing Internet connections.

·         This issue may be caused by a slow Internet connection, such as a dial-up connection, a slow broadband connection, or an intermittent broadband connection.

·         This issue may be caused by software that bounds sound card drivers, monitors sound card drivers, or uses sound card drivers. Or, this issue may be caused by software that uses computer resources such as CPU resources, memory resources, or network resources.

·         This issue may be caused by audio programs or Voice over IP (VoIP) programs, such as Vonage and Skype, that compete for bandwidth on the network. These programs may cause network saturation to the extent to which the audio seems choppy or stops.

To resolve this issue, determine whether the audio quality is related to Live Meeting services or to something else.  Follow the steps described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944626/en-us.

Q 5: I receive the "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page'' error message when I try to join a meeting.  What do I do?

This issue occurs if ActiveX controls are prevented from running on your computer. ActiveX controls may not run for one or both the following reasons:

Microsoft Internet Explorer may be configured to block ActiveX controls from running.

A firewall or a proxy server that exists between your computer and the Live Meeting conference center may be configured to block ActiveX controls.

To resolve this issue follow the steps described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894648.

Q 6: I get an error message when I try to join a Live Meeting 2007 session that uses the Internet Audio Broadcasting feature: "An error occurred while connecting to the audio broadcast for this meeting"

This issue occurs because certain settings have to be adjusted in one or both of the following programs:

·         Microsoft Internet Explorer

·         Microsoft Windows Media Player

For more information on how to adjust the Internet Explorer settings and how to adjust the Windows Media Player settings, refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938767.

Q 7: Why is my image file displayed in black and white when I upload it to a meeting?

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1.       In Control Panel, right-click the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer printer in the list of printers, and then click Properties.

2.       On the General tab, click Printing Preferences.

3.       Click the Advanced tab.

4.       Under Output format, change TIFF - Monochrome FAX to MDI, and then click OK.

Note The JPEG image is displayed in the original format.

For more information, refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937295.

Q 8: My attendees are seeing a black screen when I share a program as a presenter in Live Meeting.  What can I do?

To work around this issue, do each of the following as appropriate to your situation, and then restart your computer:

·         Turn off any popup blockers before you enter your meeting.

·         Disable any remote-control software or PC Synchronization tools. For example, disable remote-control programs that allow you to control a remote PC from your desktop.

·         Disable or quit any utilities for synchronizing your PC with your handheld device or portable computer.

·         Reduce the hardware acceleration on your computer.

For more information, refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894658/en-us.

Q 9: I have recorded a Live Meeting session.  How do I access and view my recordings?

You have the option to either store your Live Meeting recording locally on your computer or on your Live Meeting server to share with authorized users.

Note: The option to save the recording to the Live Meeting service is available to you if you are registered to use Office Live Meeting Professional Edition. This recording option is not available to you if you are registered to use Office Live Meeting Standard Edition.

To set your recording options

1.        Click Recording. If the recording pane contains both a To My Computer tab and a To Service tab, click one to specify where you want to save the recording. Then Click Options.

2.        In the Personal Recording Options dialog box, select all of the meeting options you want to record (including Data, Voice, Video, and Panoramic Video).

3.       If you want to change the location where the recorded meeting is saved, next to the Save To text box, click Change, and then navigate to the folder where you want to save your recording

To view a recording that is saved to your computer.

1.       Click the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, and then click Microsoft Office Live Meeting Recording Manager.

2.       In the Live Meeting Recording Manager dialog box, under Recent Recording, right-click the recording name, and then click Play.

To view a recording that is saved to your Live Meeting service.

1.        Log on to Live Meeting Manager.

2.        On the My Home page, under View, click Recordings.

3.       Under View recording, in the ID and Recording Key boxes, enter the recording ID and the recording key, respectively. By default, the recording key is the same as the meeting key. If the meeting did not require a meeting key, then by default no recording key is required.

Q 10: Is there a way to convert my Live Meeting 2007 HFP (High Fidelity Presentation) recordings into single WMV files?

Currently there is not a Microsoft supported method to convert a Live Meeting 2007 HFP recording format.  This is an area we are continually looking at for new developments and a tool may be developed for this case.

You still have the old WMV format along with the new richer experience format. Both of these can be used for the same event. The WMV format, while not with all the whistles and bells of the new format, can be viewed online as before. The newer high quality format has to be downloaded and viewed on a machine.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:21 PM