Streamed applications accessing local registry? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

my question is, can streamed applications read the local MACHINE-Tree registry of the host?

Background is, that I have seven license-keys for MindManager 7 and they are located in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Mindjet\MindManger\7\Registration\ LicenseKey.
    I deleted the key, which I have to insert for the installation.

Now I want to control the key-management over AppSense. If a authorized user open a session AppSense should be write the key into the registry, when he close the session, the key should be deleted through AppSense.
    For users without a key for MindManager 7 will be open the application as an trial version.

I currently have problems with these scenario.

Thanks in forward.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:25 PM

Answers

• In the MindManger package Registry key HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Mindjet\MindManger\7\Registration\LicenseKey should exist with no values or sub-keys in it. In the Sequencer, then set this key as Merge with Local Key. Details on how to do that here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualworld/archive/2009/01/27/merge-and-override-settings-for-the-virtual-registry-and-file-system-in-the-app-v-sequencer.aspx

In the AppSense Environment Manager configuration, configure the keys and values you require in this location to be created on a Process Start trigger (e.g. using MINDMANAGER.EXE). On each of the actions, there will be a Run As tab - ensure System is selected here as the user won't be able to write to this location.

You could then create actions on the Process Stopped trigger to remove the registry key.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by wavefront6 Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:18 PM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:37 PM