none
Calendar view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a way, in the calendar view, to automatically sort and display all tasks by the start time within each day?

Thank you,

Ekin.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:45 PM

Answers

• Ekin,

You can address the task overlay issue by using the "Layout Now" icon.

John

• Marked as answer by Maviriver Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:32 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:18 AM

All replies

• Ekin,

It won't happen automatically but you can apply a sort to the Calendar view. Go to View > Date group > Sort and select "By start date" as the criteria. Then if you save the file with the sort applied, it will still be sorted when you re-open and it will stay sorted until you re-sort by another criteria, task ID being the default.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:25 PM
  • Sorry, I don't see Date group option under the View ribbon, but I did sort using the Sort button. It seems to be working, except in a couple cases, the 7am task shows at the bottom. I wonder if it's because I modified the display of each task via the Bar Styles option to wrap all text?

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:48 PM
  • Maviriver,

Sorry, my error, it's the "data" group on the View tab. But you found the sort button.

With regard to a few of the 7 AM tasks being last, if you remove the "wrap text" option, does it make a difference?

John

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:09 PM
  • Hi John,

No, it didn't make a difference. However, by trying different criteria to sort somehow solved a different issue, which was blocks overlaying on top of one another, when text is wrapped. Sorting by cost, even though there's no cost associated, laid out the blocks nicely without overlay :-) The sorting by start time generally works BTW, except for the 7am task occasionally, which I can live with.

Thank you,

Ekin.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 12:09 AM
  • Ekin,

You can address the task overlay issue by using the "Layout Now" icon.

John

• Marked as answer by Maviriver Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:32 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:18 AM