none
Disable "Found New Hardware Wizard" When Windows Boots? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to disable the "Found New Hardware Wizard" that pops up every time you start Windows XP when there are hardware devices installed that don't have the drivers installed yet?

I know, the simple answer is "install the drivers," but this is for a deployment at work, where installing drivers before a certain software package is causing problems.  We would like to install the software packages, and install the drivers last.  During the course of the automated software install, it reboots the machine 2-3 times, and the found new hardwar wizards (six of them total) causes problems with the automated install.

I have the ability to modify the Windows deployment, so I could add some registry changes in there, but I can't seem to find the right ones that would disable the found new hardware wizard. How can I have Windows just ignore any hardware that have no drivers yet?

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:21 PM

All replies

• can you go to device manager and check once if there is any device that has yellow exclamatory mark on it..
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:09 AM
  • Under the registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\PlugPlay\Parameters you'll find or probably need to create a REG_DWORD value named SuppressUI and assign it the value of 1. I would not keep this key permanently though.

You could also try this: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=49514&st=0&p=550847#entry550847

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:22 PM