Problem during installation of Forefront TMG RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I'm trying to install Forefront TMG 2010 on a windows 2008 x64 SP2 with latest updates. The server is member of a domain.
    the preparation tools passes without any problem and launches also the installation wizard. after adding the network adaptor the installation starts. But just after creating the configuration storage server i get the following error message: "Setup failed while registering Forefront TMG Managed performance monitoring"

on the internet i can't find any information about this error....... Could someone help me please?
    If you need more information on anything just ask :)
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

To solve this issue, I think you may add ADAM(ADLS) roles on Windows 2008 before installing TMG.

Preparing for installation

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd896983.aspx

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, December 4, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Can you update us, have you resolved this issue ?

Tarek Majdalani | MS Forefront Edge Security MVP | http://www.elmajdal.net
    Friday, December 11, 2009 8:51 PM
  • I get this Same Error! Has there been a Solution?
    Monday, December 21, 2009 8:59 PM
  • Hi All.
    I am install Forefront TMG on w2k8r2 on Hiper-v and have this error. I go step-by-step and not resolv this problem. Help!!!
    Monday, February 15, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Nick, I don't think you understood the users issue.

Quote: "But just after creating the configuration storage server i get the following error message: "Setup failed while registering Forefront TMG Managed performance monitoring"

Clearly without ADAM (ADLDS) has been installed otherwise the configuration storage server would not have installed... The preparation tool installs these based on the selections made i.e. TMG Services & management / EMS Server / mnagemenent tools only.

Patrick: Review the log files in C:\Windows\Temp for TMG installation (they may say ISA but they are for TMG). There is a file called "Microsoft.Isa.ManagedPerfCounters.dll.Install" See the contents of this and post online please.

Monday, February 15, 2010 7:38 PM
  • Hi There

I am having the same problem the log file says the following, any idea whats wrong

Creating performance counter category Forefront TMG Email Hygiene.

An exception occurred during the Install phase.
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
       at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
       at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CategoryExists(String machine, String category)
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Create(String categoryName, String categoryHelp, PerformanceCounterCategoryType categoryType, CounterCreationDataCollection counterData)
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at System.Configuration.Install.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller.Install(IDictionary savedState)
       at System.Configuration.Install.TransactedInstaller.Install(IDictionary savedState)

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:06 AM