SCO - execute RB if review-activity has status eq failed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a RequestOffering that require an approval.

The actual job is executed in a SCO RB.

However, if the RequestOffering is rejected(status = failed) the RB is not run, but ends up in a status = pending for a very long time(hours), causing the request to be pending also..

Is it possible to execute the RB independent of the review-status= successful AND status  = rejeted?

(in that way we could use SCO to update the request with the failed reason)

Thanks

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:25 AM

Answers

• You can use a Monitor Object and filter on status of Review Activity. With this Information you can get the RA object, the relationship to SR and the SR object. This way you don't need the RB Automation Activity in the SR at all.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Marked as answer by Moe,Peter Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:58 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:06 PM

All replies

• If you use a Parallel Activity containing the Approval and the Runbook Automation Activity it should be possible to start the RB Automation Activity independent from the result of the review.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:02 AM
  • I could, but in order to get the RB running, I need some logic to check the status of the review activity.

I thought of using the 'Monitor Object' and check for the review status, but then I relized that it cannot have a input value, only output. Currently I have a 'Initialize Data' object that gather the RB-Id, which I need to identify which SR is realted.

Do anyknow know how I might build this, if-then-else logic into SCO?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:07 PM
  • You can use a Monitor Object and filter on status of Review Activity. With this Information you can get the RA object, the relationship to SR and the SR object. This way you don't need the RB Automation Activity in the SR at all.

• Marked as answer by Moe,Peter Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:58 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:06 PM
  • Thanks Andreas.

Had some good help from Anders Asp aswell.

I struggled at bit with this, but Anders told me taht the EndComment was put in the reviewers comment, not in the Review Activity Comment, and then it solved it self.

To handle multiple reviewer comments, I append each reviewer-comment to a file, and read alle lines into the Description field.

I also extended the ReviewActivity class with a boolean field('ReviewScoMon' below), so that I may filter out which reviewactivities I want to filter through Orchestartor

The final RB looks like this:

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:57 AM